Tuesday, October 16, 2007

THE RIP OF KWAITO


South Africa expirienced its first democracy in the year of 1994 and the new baby called Kwaito was born also in 1994 after the democracy. I still remember the artist like Skeezo,Mdu,Arthur and groups like New School,Chiskop e.t.c. Those were the greatest time of Kwaito music that was proudly South African genre.



Last month we were celebrating the cultural month, but I haven't had that there is a celebration of Kwaito music.I don't know may be I am left behind there was a celebration like that on the cultural month.The still existing stars of Kwaito music are not celebrated, for example the long and still existing Kwaito group Trompies has been in the industry releasing hit songs, but they haven't won even one award ever since.



That on its own tells me that as South Africans we are not proud about ourselves,we put ourselves before other people,we have an excuse of saying that the music have no message,according to me Kwaito is the best compared to House music and layed with djs with no creativity who chop other peoples songs.If in Kwaito there is no message,thats our responsibility to fix it.It will be unfair

No comments: